Friday, January 7, 2011

We did it!

Two days after my Mum and Sis returned to Singapore and Lionel is back at work, I braved my greatest practical fear as a new Mum alone in Zurich -- bringing Gaby out on my own without a car (which would have served as a refuge for us if she decides to bawl and draw attention to us).

To maximise Gaby's happy time, immediately after a feed, I rushed to put on my socks, jeans, blouse, warm jacket and baby carrier. Forget the make-up, or even habitual eyelash curler and lip balm. This was followed hastily by putting Gaby in a thick snow suit and into the baby carrier. Darn, I forgot to wear my boots first. I hopped into them while holding onto the wall for support, grabbed the keys and the shopping bag, and rushed out.

Why the need for all that haste? Gaby our Singaporean baby cannot tahan the heat. She would not last more than 2 minutes in that thermal wear.

Outside supermarket Migros
I'm all smiles from a very successful outing. So proud of myself, thought I that I had to camwhore and quickly snap this picture of us. Achievement: We were out for half an hour doorstep to doorstep.

And the moment we stepped into the house
Talk about Gaby being kind to me. She held on to her tantrum long enough for us to enter the house and close the door. Mmmuack Gaby!

No comments:

Post a Comment